My name is Lizzie! I joined Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue in June 2012.
Don’t you wonder what those eyes have seen…
I was a stray wandering around a neighborhood. I was very skittish and hard to catch. A special family was worried about me and worked really hard to catch me. They knew I was scared, hungry, and homeless. The nice family was finally able to catch me. They welcomed me to their family. After 6 months, I was still very skinny despite eating daily.
34lbs upon arrival to the rescue
They cared for me as long as they could but they knew I needed medical attention that was beyond their financial means. The kind family was so nice to contact BRBR.
Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue was able to take me in to their care in late June. They got me to the nice vet who checked me out and got me on meds for hook & whip worms, and spayed me. I am light Heart Worm positive and will start my treatment in September. I was skin and bones when I arrived at the vet. My worms likely prevented me from gaining weight. Upon arrival at the vet I was only 34lbs. I have gained weight and looking much better.
Look close you can see my fawn markings
When I arrived with my foster family despite being malnourished my coat was shiny and beautiful. I am unique in that I look like I am black but I am not! Boxers do not carry the gene for black coat color. I am a “sealed brindle” which means my brindle has so many dark lines it seals out the fawn lines making my coat appear completely black. It is not really black, it just has excessive dark stripes. The AKC classifies me as brindle. If you take me out in the sun light you will see all my fawn stripes/markings. I am gorgeous and unique. My other unique feature is that I am a tiny girl who is full grown. Everyone mistakes me for a puppy, but I am a refined mature boxer with the estimated age of 5-7years old. I am the size of a typical 10-11 month old Boxer puppy. Some people call us “pocket boxers.” I am as precious as a puppy without the puppy behavior. Well , at least not all the time
Rex 71lbs and Lizzie 34lbs
I am currently living with my foster family in Raleigh, NC. I have three fur siblings who are also rescued boxers. Lucy, Rex, and Potter. I also have two skin siblings a 12yr old tween girl and a 10yr old boy. How could I forget my wonderful skin Foster Mom & Dad. They are taking such good care of me. I have adapted very nicely into the established Boxer Pack!
I am a sweet lovable girl. I follow my foster mom everywhere. We cook, clean, do laundry, etc. I am with her all the time except when she is at work. She is super special to me because she picked me up from the vet. I was so scared that day it took her 10 minutes to get me to the car. Back in those days, I was scared of every noise I heard and did not walk through doorways. Also I did not like men. I have come a long way in a matter of weeks. While still cautious, I am not nearly as scared as I used to be. I am making progress every day. My foster family is very active and fast paced so I have learned to be comfortable with noise and chaos. I don’t run and hide as much anymore. I am still working on my fears….one day at a time. I love attention and love to be wherever my people are. Here are some additional things you might want to know about me:
- I am a super sweet girl who loves to be by my humans side.
- I am totally potty trained.100%
- I like my Crate I can sleep in my crate at night (or be left out…I am so cute my humans let me sleep on the bed) I chill in my crate when my humans have to leave the house. My humans know they are spoiling me by letting me sleep on the bed with them but I am just so tiny and cute they often treat me like a baby. I deserve a little extra attention don’t you think
- I get excited when you come home. I have not showed off the famous “boxer bean” as of yet but I am learning how to be a boxer.
- I don’t get on the furniture in the house my parents don’t want me on the furniture in case my “new family” has the same rule. The basement is another story….when I am with my skin siblings I can sit with them on the sofa…but only in the basement.
- I love being with my humans and will follow them where ever they go especially my mom. She is my favorite. I love my Dad, he has taught me not to be scared of men. I even great guest in our home after I figure out they are ok
- I know my name. My foster family gave it to me.
- I come when called.
- I don’t dart out doors or gates.
- I like all dogs
- I don’t really like being outside (probably since I was forced to be in the elements as a stray) However, I will chill outside with the other dogs. I love being inside the comfort of the house. It is not as scary.
- I use the doggie door to come in and out as I please.
- I swim and my little ears stick out like batman
- I am a runner! My parents take me trail running and I most prefer to run along side them “off leash” where permitted.
- My parents have only heard me bark twice…don’t be fooled by my size it is a BIG bark.
I am a super sweet beautiful girl. I am as precious as a puppy without all the puppy craziness. I would be the perfect addition to a home with kids, dogs, maybe cats etc. I would also be good as an only dog. Please consider giving me a FURever home. You will not regret it!
Love and Kisses……LIZZIE
Lizzie is available at BlueRidgeBoxerRescue ( Adopting to NC,VA, SC)
Please consider animals in need……
ADOPT , don’t shop!
Visit your local shelter or rescue organization.
40lbs+ and Healthy
Waiting for my FURever home..xoxxo
NC State Fans!