My name is Allee! I joined Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue in March 2012.
I was cared for by a wonderful man who felt really sorry for me. I was abandoned, or perhaps a stray…I am not really sure. This “man” took pity on me and cared for me as long as he could. My “man” felt sorry for me because I had a prolapsed uterus. My uterus was literally hanging out of my backend like a cherry pumpkin. Nobody really knows how long I was this way. Since my uterus was hanging out, I would bleed and could not go inside my “mans” house.
I was restricted to the backyard to endure the elements all day and night. My “man” was distressed and knew that he could not financially provide me the medical attention I needed. He loved me dearly and took care of me the best he could but he wanted a better life for me. That’s when my “man” contacted Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue. Blue Ridge picked me up, and got me to the Dr. whom fixed me like a normal dog. While he was at it, he spayed me. I felt so much better. I have to mention, how much better I looked without a pumpkin on my Behind! Extreme Doggie Makeover Boxer Style. I am a healthy 67lbs and growing. You would never know I had any issues at all. The Dr. estimated my age to be 3-4 yrs old. My Foster Parents think I am closer to 3 based on my energy
I am currently living with my foster family in NC. I have to fur siblings who are also rescued boxers. Lucy a female and Rex the male of the house. I also have two skin siblings and 11yr old tween girl and a 9yr old boy and of course my skin Foster Mom & Dad. They are taking such good care of me. I have adapted very nicely into the established Boxer Pack!
I am a sweet lovable girl. I love attention and love to be wherever my people are. My eyes are a beautiful almond color that coordinate so well with my fur. It makes me rather unique. Not to brag, but I I have overheard many people say how pretty I am. I think its safe to say I am a “looker”.
Here are some additional things you might want to know about me:
- I am generally just a super sweet girl who loves to be by my humans side.
- I am totally potty trained..110%
- I like my Crate! I don’t love it! There are much better things to love. I sleep in my crate at night and chill in my crate when my humans have to leave the house. I am kind of special , and have two crates. I chill with my other fur siblings when the humans leave the house downstairs. At night, I get to sleep in the crate in my human’s room. I was anxious upon my arrival so my humans gave me these special accommodations. Once I have been here a little longer I will go downstairs with the other dogs but for now I love it! I deserve a little extra attention don’t you think
- I get totally excited when you come home but I don’t jump on you or even attempt. I will dance around you in excitement. I have not showed off the famous “boxer bean” as of yet.
- I don’t get on the furniture in the house. I want to be a lap dog but my parents don’t want me on the furniture in case my “new family” has the same rule. The basement is another story….when I am with my skin siblings I can sit with them on the sofa…but only in the basement.
- I love being with my humans and will follow them where ever they go. I sit outside the shower when my Mom is getting clean. I like to get in the shower if she will let me. She only lets me when I need a bath myself.
- I know my name.
- I come when called.
- I don’t dart out doors or gates. I did escape once but only cause I was following my boxer siblings. I cam e right back after we got “busted”
- I like all dogs that I have met thus far. My fur sibling sister gives me a hard time every once in a while but we are getting along better now. She just wants me to know she is the female of the house and I am just visiting.
- I love being outside watching the world go by but you have to keep an eye on me because I like to bark. However if you correct me or tell me know I stop immediately.
- My parents laugh at my bark…it is small and raspy for such a big dog. If I could talk I would tell them all ladies should have petite barks despite their size.
Here are some things I am learning:
- I have not really had the need to use the Potty Bell to go outside. I just sit at the door or wait for my FURsister Lucy to open the door. Yes she opens he door by herself
- I am learning not to bark too much when I am outside.
- I am learning how to play with balls, fuzzy animals, dog toys , etc. I like nylabones the really hard ones.
- I am learning to play with my FURsiblings. I like being around them and they are starting to let me play.
- I am a super sweet beautiful girl. I could be the only dog or join another pack. I am not particular.
- Please consider giving me a FURever home. You will not regret it!
Love and Kisses……ALLEE
To learn more about me and the 100’s of other Boxers in need of homes please visit http://www.blueridgeboxerrescue.com/ to complete an application. You can also find us on http://www.facebook.com/BlueRidgeBoxerRescue. There are rescue organizations all over the US…google one for your area or check out http://www.petfinder.com/index.html
Love me some Allee!!! Thank you for fostering her!
Thanks, she had a rough start! We are honored to have her!
Pingback: Welcome Back Kotter….woops! Welcome Back POTTER! | BoxerRunner
Pingback: “FUR”ever Family Updates…Lizzie and Allee! | BoxerRunner
Pingback: Celebration & Thanks…Reflections from Allee’s “FUR”ever Family | BoxerRunner